This notice tells you why Mandarin Clinic collects information about you and how this information may be used.
When you supply your personal details to this Clinic they are stored for 4 reasons:
- We need to collect personal information in order to consider your suitability for one of our services. Your requesting our services and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to offer you our services.
- We have ‘Legitimate Interest’ in collecting that information, because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively and safely.
- We also think that it is important that we contact you in order to confirm the dates you need to attend appointments with us or to update you on matters relating to your care as one of our patients. This again constitutes ‘Legitimate Interest’ but this time it is your legitimate interest.
- Provided we have your consent we may occasionally email you general information about appointments and updates about your care. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let us know by any convenient method.
We have a Legal obligation to retain your records for eight years, but after that period you may ask us to delete your records if you wish.
Your details are stored:
- Electronically via email – our provider has given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected and backed up regularly.
- On archived paper notes which are stored in locked filing cabinets, and the office is always locked out of working hours.
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
If you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to the ‘Data Controller’. In this instance the details you need are: P.Buyse, firstname.lastname@example.org, 66 King Street, Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire, ST5 1JB.